The student and the sponsor hereby accept and agree that:
- 1.1 This agreement is entered into with the knowledge and consent of the student’s natural guardian (only applicable to minor students.)
- 1.2 Should the “First Choice” be unsuccessful, then the “Second Choice” will become applicable.
- 1.3 Pearson Institute reserves the right to change qualification/module names/content without prior notification.
- 1.4 PIHE reserves the right to change, modify or otherwise alter the academic programme fees at any time, provided that the student/ sponsor is provided 20 business days’ notice of such variation/ modification before such change/modification takes effect.
- 1.5 Should the student’s final school-leaving results not meet the Pearson Institute degree-entry requirements, he/she will automatically be enrolled for the Pre-Degree Foundation Programme or Higher Certificate option as applicable, and the course fee will be automatically adjusted accordingly.
- 2.1 The application fee of R300 is payable on signature of this agreement and is non-refundable, except in the case where Pearson Institute does not offer the course for which he or she has applied.
- 2.1.1 Payment of the application fee (referred to in clause 2.1) will secure a place at Pearson Institute of Higher Education for one Academic Intake, provided that the student provides to Pearson Institute of Higher Education official confirmation of the Student having met the entrance requirements for qualification applied for and provided all personal information required to process their application.
- 2.1.2 The Application fee is only relevant to the above stated Academic Intake. Re-Application for an alternative Academic Intake in the same calendar year will result in a R100.00 Re-Application fee. Should the student fail to enrol with PIHE for the applicable Academic Intake and wish to re-register for the following Academic Year, the Application Fee will then again fall due and payable and the student shall then forfeit the Application Fee already paid.
- 2.2 To secure the discount to the fees applicable to the above selected course, a securing fee must be paid to Pearson Institute as stipulated on the Fee Projection attached.
- 2.3 This securing fee is only applicable to students registering with Pearson Institute for the first time.
- 2.4 Should the student wish to cancel the agreement before the commencement of studies, the securing fee, less the application fee, is refundable.
- 2.5 Foreign citizens: Please note for the International students, a 30% Deposit of the Upfront Course Fee is required before enrollment can commence.A study permit and proof of medical aid, registered with the South African Council for Medical Schemes in terms of the Medical Schemes Act, 131 of 1998, (no less than 10-month membership) required on or before start date.